Amalie Beljafla was born on the 11th May 1991, to an Emarati Father and Norwegian Mother, with her mixed cultural heritage playing a major role in her artwork, combined with her ideas on life and spirituality. Beljafla's acclaimed bold surrealist style is highly sought after and known for it's strong use of symbolism, vibrant palette, strong linear lines and distinctive patterning. Her exquisite art pieces radiate light and convey positive messages.
Beljafla was raised in Dubai where she graduated, before moving to London to pursue her degree at the prestigious Central Saint Martins College of Arts and Design in 2009. Having completed a foundation degree in Art and Design, she continued her BA in Graphic Design, finishing with an honours degree in June 2013. In June 2015 she graduated with a masters in Communication and Design also from Central Saint Martins College of Art and Design.
She has collaborated with various artists as well as fashion designers, and in 2012 ventured out to start her own fashion house, Trésors Sauvages, www.tresorssauvages.com, winning the Grazia and Fashion Forward award for best upcoming Middle Eastern designer. Her latest venture The Artisans will encompass all future fashion collections.
In 2014 Amalie published her first book called 'For You' www.amaliesbook.com, with Hay house and Balboa Press to implement positive thinking for children and adults alike, and to serve as a reminder to everyone of all you can be.
In 2018 Beljafla launched her own bespoke design house Troll Designs www.trolldesigns.ae, which works across a wide variety of creative genres.
Amalie says "When you work with your heart in the right place and with love, integrity and honesty, nothing can go wrong, you can by grace divinely, God willingly create anything you want in your life no matter how big it is, all is possible”.
"We need to forget what we think we are, so that we can really become what we are." Paulo Coelho
- 'The Religions United Collection', Hunar Art Gallery, Abu Dhabi Art Fair, 2018
- 'The Zayed Al Khair Collection Part II', Hunar Art Gallery, Abu Dhabi Art Fair, 2018
- '40 Years of Culture', Mesh Gallery, The Nordic Creators Community, Oslo, Norway 2018
- 'The Zayed Al Khair Collection', Hunar Art Gallery, Abu Dhabi Art Fair, 2017
- 'The Enlightenment Collection', Hunar Art Gallery, Abu Dhabi Art Fair, 2017
- 'For You Collection Part II' Collection, Hunar Art Gallery, Abu Dhabi Art Fair, 2016
- 'For You Collection', Yadawei Gallery, Dubai, 2016.
- 'The First and Last', OXO Gallery, London, 2011